Friday, June 8, 2012

Silver Bandeau

Today I was thinking of sewing something and suddenly found myself with a silver fabric in my hands. I bought it months ago at the Maybachufer-market but I never used it. I planned to make a skirt but I was afraid that I'll never wear it. Unfortunately I only bought 1/2 meter ... But better waste it maybe than never try it. So I started making a bandeau.

I cut two pieces and started to hem it but then I realized that the fabric is too thin to sew it so I had to glue the seams with a textile-glue. Of course this is not as safe as sewing but since the fabric is so thin and quality poor it's gonna fall in parts in a little while anyway. But I love how the fabric reflects the lights and I believe that this bandeau will add a special touch to your outfit:)

By the way, the top I'm wearing on the picture is also a DIY Project. It's really really simple, I just bought a plain chemise at the Maybachufer for only 1 € and printed a galaxy-cross ( I know, often seen) with the help of 'Transferfolien' on it. I don't know how it's called in English unfortunately:(


Top: DIY, Bandeau: DIY, Jeans: Pimkie



6 comments:

  1. beides sieht genial aus. ich bewundere leute, die die kreativität und vor allem den durchhaltewillen haben, ihre kleidung selber zu machen.
    liebe grüsse,
    nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke:) bei mir mangelts meistens eher an der Geduld, leider!:D
      xx
      Camilla

      Delete
  2. Sehr süßer Blog und ich folge dir mal.
    Vielleicht magst du mir ja auch folgen?
    Ich würde mich sehr freuen.

    minnja.blogspot.de

    LOVE
    Minnja

    ReplyDelete
  3. keine schlechte Idee, ich find das Top wirklich gut!:)

    ReplyDelete